Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Orygun

Now by the Title you would think I mean Oregon (the way you really say it), But this is the name I chose for my New Maltese Puppy. Orygun Sabastian.......
Ory for short

I lost my other Maltese man, Prince Charles in September. He was the perfect dog and was my best companion through probably my most changing 13 years of my life.
We had moved from Oregon to Michigan (husbands job). Away from my entire family.... My children all then went to college, moved out and married. So I not only had to deal with empty nest I then had to also deal with Menopause! AAHHHH. My husband works 50 miles away and comes home on the weekends. I am perfectly fine with this, but Charles was my companion in every way and saw me through horrendous times...My Husband and I also decided to sell our home and downsize to a Condo. I feel safer and really, really like it. But one year after we moved was when Charles passed away in my recliner. I was destroyed! Just past Thanksgiving when I had started talking about getting another Maltese. My Husband and children went into "Operation puppy" They searched online and finally found a breeder in Ohio. My husband drove down and picked up Ory. They surprised me at dinner on a Sunday evening, I was stunned he was so quiet and but when I removed the lid there he was with a big red bow




I thought I was going to faint. He is everything I wanted, Although it had been 13 yrs since I raised a puppy I thought for sure I was up to the task. He is now about 7 months old and I am sure entering his terrible twos!..But that is ok. All the grooming and hugs we do in my Recliner every evening is worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Ory is just too cute!! The first pic of him by the flowers almost looks like he's a stuffed dog.

    The pic of you opening the box brought tears to my eyes...what a wonderful surprise!!!

    Congratulations~~

    ReplyDelete